Some Of The Best Devices For The Metaverse Are Headsets With Incredible Qualities That Are Increasingly Within Everyone's Budget
What would the Metaverse be without devices to let us fully experience it? From 1000Hz screens to world-class motion tracking technology, headsets are changing the way we see and interact with the virtual world.
I made a selection of seven viewers that are currently leading the market. We are talking about smartphones, laptops, wi-fi devices, TVs, and much more. While little is known about the gadget that will become more important than even our mobile phones.
Each headset is equipped with unique features. All models offer fantastic qualities, including high-definition displays, crisp and smooth images, advanced motion tracking technology, intuitive controls, and surround sound systems.
So let’s start with the selection that I list here:
— Meta Quest 2
— HTC Vive Pro 2
— HTC Vive Flow
— HTC Vive Focus 3
— HP Reverb G2
— Starhui VR glasses
— Samsung Gear VR 4
AN EXPANDING MARKET
According to some forecasts, the total sale of viewers and other devices that will serve both augmented reality and the Metaverse: will reach a value between 250 and 400 billion dollars by 2025.
Oh yes, because without having these technological objects it will be impossible to access anything that will become fashionable.
A bit like the TikTok profile or the Instagram profile today, which teenagers and even the older generations can no longer do without. Not all, but a good portion.
At the moment a barrier is imposed by the cost of VR viewers.
But as they become increasingly commercial, they will also drop in price.
Now we look at the latest devices on the market and the best in terms of quality and latest generation features.
META QUEST 2
Originally called Oculus Quest 2 and the successor of Oculus Quest 1 – a brand acquired in 2014 by Facebook –
This viewer offers good value for the money. It guarantees a good user experience thanks to an improved resolution (1832 x 1920 pixels per eye) compared to the previous model and touch controls.
Meta Quest 2 allows the user to choose whether to use the viewer in wireless mode or connect it to a PC for gaming, via a USB-C cable.
It is designed to offer an immersive and safe gaming experience, thanks to the possibility of outlining the border of the playing area through touch controls. In contrast, a control system will warn the user if he is moving outside the limited area.
Meta Quest 2 is not aimed solely at gaming. Thanks to Horizon Workrooms – the virtual work area developed by Meta – it is possible to meet colleagues and collaborate in the virtual environment, taking advantage of the many apps developed specifically for the viewer. Alternatively, the “viewer mirroring” option allows VR users to beam what they’re seeing onto an Oculus app-enabled TV or mobile phone.
HTC VIVE PRO 2
For those who do not want to compromise on graphics, the HTC Vive Pro 2 VR is certainly an interesting choice, even if the flexibility in use is reduced due to the need to connect it to a PC (even a rather powerful one) to be able to use it to the fullest. Compared to the Meta Quest 2 headset, the price is significantly higher.
The technical details of the headset include a resolution in 5K (2448 x 2448 pixels per eye,) and a 120° field of view with a refresh rate of 120 Hz.
HTC VIVE FLOW
Easier to use – no PC connection is required – the HTC Vive Flow viewer.
The Glasses are specifically designed to offer users the opportunity to immerse themselves in virtual reality easily and at any time, thanks to their dimensions (smaller than other VR viewers on the market) and a weight of only 186 grams.
The glasses are designed for different activities, from watching a movie to attending business meetings and training.
Each lens is equipped with a regulator to adjust the focus of the image, while ease of use is favored both by the shape of the device (which recalls that of traditional glasses) plus a lens with an anti-blue light filter.
Through the app, it is possible to customize the user experience and regulate the applications accessible in case of use by minors.
The controller, on the other hand, facilitates sharing the material viewed on the VR with other users without a viewer, thanks to the mirroring option.
The device – won the Esquire Gadget Awards for the “Best wearable tech 2021” category.
HTC VIVE FOCUS 3
– In the catalog of HTC viewers dedicated to immersive experiences in the Metaverse, there is no shortage of solutions aimed at companies and workers. This is the HTC Vive Focus 3 viewer, equipped with a controller with 6 degrees of freedom, USB charging, and up to 15 hours of battery life.
– The viewer can also be used without the controller, thanks to the 26-point hand tracking. In specific applications it allows you to abandon the controller and interact in the Metaverse using your hands.
– It is also possible to use the interaction zone in the physical environment, for a safer immersive experience.
– As for the graphics, the viewer has a 5K resolution and a 120° visual range with a 90Hz refresh rate. It features an active cooling mechanism and a thermally optimized battery, which keep the device temperature at ideal levels.
– As for audio, the device is equipped with dual-driver open-back speakers for a more realistic experience.
– The result is better performance and longer immersive sessions, due to the autonomy of 2 hours and a 50% charge in 30 minutes.
HP REVERB G2
– Co-developed with Valve and Microsoft, HP’s Reverb G2 headset is designed not only for gaming but also to enable users to immerse themselves in design and education experiences, thanks also to a compatible headset for SteamVR and Windows Mixed Reality .
– However, the viewer needs to be connected to the PC via a 6m cable compatible with both Intel and all AMD systems.
– Graphically, the image quality is high, with a definition of 2160 x 2160 pixels per eye. The controllers (2) are standard for Windows Mixed Reality. The viewer’s four video cameras the viewer allow improved tracking of movements.
– The speakers, branded Valve, are positioned 10mm from the ears for a more comfortable immersive experience.
STARHUI VR GLASSES
– They are suitable for those who want to have their first experiences with virtual reality, without large initial investments.
– It is a viewer that works by embedding the smartphone inside it (it is compatible with both Android and Apple), using the dedicated app. It features a Bluetooth wireless controller and weighs 350 grams.
SAMSUNG GEAR VR 4
– From the collaboration between Samsung and Oculus comes the Samsung Gear VR 4 viewer. Introduced on the market in 2016, the viewer was subsequently updated with the 2017 version, substantially identical to the first, except for the addition of the wireless controller and the application of some vents.
– It has some limitations compared to other competitors: the viewer is only compatible with high-end Samsung smartphones.
– The collaboration with Oculus has guaranteed the support of an already well-organized and well-stocked Store, which has favored its diffusion.
– A more affordable price compared to high-end viewers and the reduced weight (350 grams).
Virtual reality headsets have undergone great development in the last 3 years, from the cheapest and most accessible to those with the best performance.
All of them possess a certain level of quality and experience which makes them valid for use in Virtual Reality.
The market offers a wide range of devices suitable for different budgets and lifestyles; however, it is important to remember that the choice must be based on your purpose, with the aim of finding the device that best suits your lifestyle.
Regardless, VR headsets remain an exciting way to explore an alternate world and experience 360° reality.
Get advanced news and advice from the first site in the world that helps you make money in the Metaverse: https://vestvers.com/
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to stay updated on financial news specific to the Metaverse: https://t.me/vestvers
Join The Team's News + Free Gifts
Get the Latest News and Advice on investing in the Metaverse + Free Gifts and new initiatives